September 3 - September 5, 2022 - Whispering Winds, Julian CA
The 2022 Annual Retreat is mandatory for all Symphony and Symphonic members.
September 3, September 4, September 5, 2022 (Labor Day Weekend)
Whispering Winds, 17606 Harrison Park Rd. Julian, CA 92036
This mandatory annual three day retreat is filled with sectionals taught by a staff of professional musicians, group rehearsals and instruction. Family and friends are invited on Monday, September 5, 2022 to enjoy lunch and a concert by this season's Symphony and Symphonic Orchestras. You will be amazed at the progress they make in just one weekend.
1. Download and complete Retreat Participation forms, mail to Civic Youth Orchestra, PO Box 2170, San Marcos, CA 92079 by August 20, 2022. Complete Whispering Winds Online Waiver HERE and Covid-19 Online Waiver HERE. (use Group Code: CY0922)
2. Cost. The cost per participant is $305 due by August 20, 2022. The price after August 20, 2022 is $325. Mail a check with your paperwork to our P.O. Box 2170, San Marcos, CA 92079.
3. Music. Music is handed out during our August 20, 2022 auditions. (Classical Academy HS, 207 E. Pennsylvania Ave, Escondido) Once you have the music, look it over and become familiar with it prior to the retreat. We start rehearsing this music at the retreat.
4. Students and Chaperones meet at our rehearsal location (Classical Academy HS) no later than 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, September 3, 2022. Buses leave for Whispering Winds in Julian at 8 a.m.
5. Arrange For Transportation Home. There is no group transportation on Monday so please plan on coming to the Monday concert and driving your student home after the concert and lunch.
6. Monday, September 5, 2022 concert begins at 11:30 a.m. and lunch immediately follows. Student participant's lunch is provided. Family and guests pay $10 each for lunch. Please RSVP by listing on the registration form who plans to attend the lunch. If you have any diet restrictions, please let us know when you sign up.
7. All retreat participants must be picked up at the end of the weekend on Monday, September 5, 2022 no later than 1 p.m.